Thursday, December 31, 2009

recent studies

Figure study after the work of Christina Grace Mastrangelo, who's a student at the NYC Art Academy. She is probably no more than 20 years of age and already paints masterfully! Viewing her work and that of her fellow students on the ARC site was extremely uplifting and I'm happy that their talent got acknowledged and they were awarded a scolarship. The purpose of this quick study for me was to examine the shifts of form. I feel terribly disandvantaged by the fact that I can't find a single life painting workshop around here. This is 30x40cm oil on canvas.


Reference by Patrick Hedges from the WC reference image library, 30x40cm oil on canvas


20x25cm grisaille glazing experiment from the WC portrait challenge.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I just saw the portrait you did of the girl I photographed in Namibia. What a fabulous painting - just WOW!!!

    (Patrick Hedges)

    ReplyDelete